Perhaps the most irritating "feature" of the Blade® 550X and 600X is the way the battery is installed in the frames. Even a single 6S 5000 pack is a very tight fit and difficult to wrestle in and out of the frames once you put Velcro™ strips on the bottom plate and the battery - which are needed to hold it in place. Extracting the battery can be especially difficult to do without potentaily damaging the battery.
This battery tray for the Blade® 550X and 600X solves that problem. A 6S or 12S battery is attached to the tray using the usual Velcro™ strips, then the entire assembly slides into the frames and snaps into place. The standard Velcro™ straps that are included with the helicopter can then be used to secure everything. The combination of a positive lock into the bottom plate and the straps securely hold the battery, yet it is easy to remove after a flight.
- Lightweight - less than 35 grams
- Simple installation
- Notches along the edges allow for additional Velcro™ straps to be used if desired
- Uses existing mounting locations on helicopter frames - no modifications to the helicopter are needed
- No extra hardware or moving parts
- Available in multiple colors